Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can i buy a New brake master for my 89 X8?

2 posters

Go down

Where can i buy a New brake master for my 89 X8? Empty Where can i buy a New brake master for my 89 X8?

Post by cmdeshon Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:12 pm

i need a new brake master cylinder for my 89 X8 Cressida. i usually buy most of my parts from NAPA. when i called them this-morning they said they did not have anything available. i called Advance (i Hate advance, but its the only other place thats close) and all that they could get was a Re-Man, it was $70 with a core charge and they would have to order it.... i dont want Advance's Re-Man BS. i have seen too many of their parts fail.

Do you guys know if anybody sells a new one? i haven't tried Toyota yet. assuming i cant afford theirs.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Where can i buy a New brake master for my 89 X8? Empty Re: Where can i buy a New brake master for my 89 X8?

Post by Gordon Duax Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 pm

They are on eBay.
I went to an aluminum one, off a 4-runner or something.
Many of the Toyotas have the same 4-bolt flange, you just need to watch line connection locations.

And if you want a good used one, my iron one is coming off the car in the next couple of days.
$20 + shipping.......
Gordon Duax
Gordon Duax

Back to top Go down

Where can i buy a New brake master for my 89 X8? Empty Re: Where can i buy a New brake master for my 89 X8?

Post by cmdeshon Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:07 am

i got one off of an 88 4runner in a junkyard for free. works like a charm!

thank you though gordon, i appreciate the offer!

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down