Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2JZ-GE / W-58. X7 Swap Questions.

3 posters

Go down

2JZ-GE / W-58. X7 Swap Questions. Empty 2JZ-GE / W-58. X7 Swap Questions.

Post by cmdeshon Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:32 am

hey fellas. i am in the middle of a 2jz-ge swap with a W58 into my 85 MX-72. i was wondering if you guys could tie up a few loose ends for me.

First. i am using a W-58 from an SC-300. i have the engine and trans in the car already. it is mounted with XM motor mounts and my cressidas factory cross-member. it has what i assume is the stock SC300 rubber "transmission mount" the little rubber fella that goes between the trans and X-member.

my problem is that the tail-end of the transmission looks like it is sitting too low. i need the shifter to come UP about an inch? does anybody have any suggestions? could i just grab a W-58 transmission mount off of a CelicaSupra? or an NA MK-III Supra? would one of those be taller?

Alright next, i plain on running an AC compressor and PWR steering pump from an 94 GS300. Does anybody know if there is an adapter kit to adapt my stock AC compressor lines to the new GS300 compressor? i know that i need to retro-fit the system over to R-134.

i can figure out the PWR steering lines on my own. il probably just re-locate them with unions.

last one (for now....) Can someone please tell me (or preferably Show me with a pics) Where i should pull my constant power and switched power out of the fuse box by the battery? i guess i need to wire them into the Blk-orange and Blk-red wires in my engine harness to power up my ISCV, coil, ignitor and injectors.

i am taking lots of pics. il drop you guys a build thread when i get further along.

-Craig.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

2JZ-GE / W-58. X7 Swap Questions. Empty Re: 2JZ-GE / W-58. X7 Swap Questions.

Post by Push Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:15 pm

sell the sc 300 w58 and grab celica supra trans... keep the bellhousing off the sc w58 trans though...
Push
Push

https://www.youtube.com/pushtoyota

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdeshon Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:14 am

^ Really? i think i would sooner fabricate a whole new trans mount than scrap my whole box and buy a new one.... Arent the newer Lexus W58's better anyways? i thought they had upgraded syncro's over the older boxes?

Is the HEIGHT of the transmission actually different? i dont think it is. i think its just the thickness of the mount. even if it were i really couldent care less about the height of my shifter. i just need the tail of my transmission to come up a little to keep my Driveshaft lined up straight. i dont want to fry my U-joints right away...

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by Push Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 am

celica supra trans or mk3 trans will set you back roughly $150... You can sell the sc300 trans for around $250-300. Keep the bellhousing, and complete the swap. The Lexus trans I believe uses an electronic speed sensor instead of a mechanical one. Also has a bunch of crap like ABS that you do not need... If you are running just a 2jzge the mk3 w58 will be more then enough to deal with the power you give it.. Goodluck!
Push
Push

https://www.youtube.com/pushtoyota

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdeshon Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 am

that doesn't really have anything to do with fitment though... if i got a mk-II or MK-III box, and mounted it with the same parts i have now, i would still have the same problem. i guess i need to either source a new trans mount or Chop / mod my X-member.

i dont think i am going to find another one around here for $150. people are trying to get way too much for them these days.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Duax Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Pictures would go a long way on us having any ideas of what your problem is.
And frying your u-joints is the least of your problems.
Running a misaligned driveshaft induces harmonics into the drivetrain due to the fact that when you have one u-joint at one angle, and the other at a lesser angle, the driveshaft is accellerating, and decellerating twice per revolution.
This hammers the entire drivetrain. Not something you want to do to a W58.

This is also why putting a Supra diff housing in a Cressida, without pounding the dog snot out of the front crossmember of the rear subframe is a bad idea, as it lowers the nose of the diff, and screws up the shaft alignment.
This is because the Supra housing casting sits taller at the front than the Cressida housing.
Gordon Duax
Gordon Duax

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdeshon Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 pm

^^^

Which is why i am trying to get er done right.

i got kicked out of the shop because my dad needed to use the rack. i will take a few pics for you guys when i get another turn to use the main bay.

thanks fellas.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down