Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Conditioner pump loss of electrical power

2 posters

Go down

Air Conditioner pump loss of electrical power Empty Air Conditioner pump loss of electrical power

Post by srcombs Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Currently chasing the lack of power to the AC clutch. When I had a shop pressurize the system, they said the pump suddenly froze up, so they discharged it. So for some time we have been running it without AC while waiting for the opportunity to do a major system repair.
This week I am checking the system. AC Clutch works if I power it up with a stray wire, but the line that should supply the power does not. Appear to be no line breaks within a foot of the pump. When I power it up while engine is running, the pump spins properly. Looks like it lost power and a non-brained tech called it a freeze. I should have made him show me at the time.

I don't see any reference to a fuse.
Any ideas on how to track down the failure?

srcombs

Back to top Go down

Air Conditioner pump loss of electrical power Empty Re: Air Conditioner pump loss of electrical power

Post by kamesama980 Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:23 pm

First step in troubleshooting: what are you working on?
kamesama980
kamesama980

Back to top Go down

Air Conditioner pump loss of electrical power Empty Re: Air Conditioner pump loss of electrical power

Post by srcombs Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:47 pm

89 Cressida with a straight 6

srcombs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down