Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Konig Rewinds?

4 posters

Go down

Konig Rewinds? Empty Konig Rewinds?

Post by theghiaisred Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 am

So I am getting ready to take the plunge of buying wheels for my MX73 and I am almost certain that I am going with the konig rewinds in a graphite face 15x7 0offset I am ignorant when it comes to wheels so feel free to educate me here. Will these fit with this offset? Has anyone used them with the center caps on the front? The Z-Car guys seem to have problems clearing the dust cap on the front hub, and Mx73s I see with them on or for that matter any wheel, never seem to run center caps.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Konig Rewinds? Empty Re: Konig Rewinds?

Post by lam454 Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:03 am

That offset should fit just right. But with the center caps idk, those dust caps are huge and I am afraid that once I shell out the money for mine they wont fit. So i am on the same boat when it comes to that
lam454
lam454

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:23 pm

So I went ahead and ordered a set from my local distributor. I had to give them the part number. They couldn't tell me if they will fit or not. They said they did not have an application listing but there was no way a Toyota could run a 0 offset. They said Cressida, you mean a Camry, then followed up by Toyota never had a rear wheel drive. I can return them as long as I do not mount the tire. So in a week to 10 days we will find out.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRay Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:56 pm

Toyota never made a rear wheel drive car Mad

RayRay

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbocharged400sbc Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:25 pm

fyi for the hub/dust cap/bearing issue....
if you fill the cavity between the bearings well enough with grease (so centripetal force will push the grease outward through the bearing over time) and give the outside a quick grease smear, you'll have no problem running without dustcaps to keep the rim centercaps.

ive been forced to run without grease caps plenty of times aside from the ones i end up working on. at most you end up popping the nut off and wiggling the bearing out, wiping the hole and cleaning, greasing and slapping it together.
my 68 f250 drove with no dust cap or center cap for over 60k/6 years before the outer bearing got bad enough i replaced it and the hub race.

where there's a will, there's a way... its a 15$ bearing and your probably gonna need a new one sometime anyways...fuckit lol

i really want some mesh's to keep the oem vibe on my 84.....i too am clueless on the backspace.
i know my 15x8 mustang weld's fit good, bit close to the lip.

im still holding out hope ill find something on C list with some vintage patina...fer cheap

Turbocharged400sbc

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:35 am

RayRay wrote:Toyota never made a rear wheel drive car Mad

You got to love people, how many times do hear "that has the v6 right" also?
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRay Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:34 am

I've never got that, but no one where I live has seen one before. its asking me if its a 4 cyl or if its front wheel drive.

RayRay

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 am

So, I haven't forgot about this yet. I got the Konigs in about 2 weeks ago but, here in the salt belt with the barrage of snow we have had in the last month the MX73 is buried in a snow ball behind the dealership. So, in lieu of test fitting the Cressida, I trudged 45 minutes north to my 80 Corona parked in heated storage. They fit like a champ on it, back spacing is perfect and the center cap clears the dust cap. The RT134 is same as MX32 so as well as RA42 and MA46/47 I don't know if this helps anyone. I feel pretty safe in saying they will fit but, as soon as the snow melts I will get the MX73 in the shop and try them out.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:40 am

So, I have been just slammed busy with spring finally showing up. Felling like that guy that shows wanting free info and then never coming back with the fix. I drug out the konigs and slapped the on the Cressida. Confirmed they do clear the hub dust caps so, put your center caps on ya lazy assed, j/k. They are a bit on the wide side they definitely fit but, with my saggy springs I am going to have to a little bit of massaging the front fender no biggie. But ya the you go boys and girls CONFIRMED FITMENT.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum