Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Advice. New lower control arms might be faulty..?

2 posters

Go down

Need Advice. New lower control arms might be faulty..? Empty Need Advice. New lower control arms might be faulty..?

Post by TownRYDR510 Thu May 14, 2015 4:25 am

I just ordered new lower control arms for my MX83. One (Left side I think) has a ball joint that is movable by hand like a joystick. The right side is not movable by hand at all and only moves when I smack it with a dead blow.

Id like to know if these ball joints are acceptable or if I need to send these back or send one or the other back. Ive never handled a ball joint before so I dont really know what Im looking for here.

Thanks for helping. Im just trying to learn here.
TownRYDR510
TownRYDR510

Back to top Go down

Need Advice. New lower control arms might be faulty..? Empty Re: Need Advice. New lower control arms might be faulty..?

Post by TownRYDR510 Thu May 14, 2015 6:32 pm

After smacking the ball joint around some more it started moving a little easier. Im gonna try to put them both on tonight at school. Hopefully the clunking will go away the the old control arms.
TownRYDR510
TownRYDR510

Back to top Go down

Need Advice. New lower control arms might be faulty..? Empty Re: Need Advice. New lower control arms might be faulty..?

Post by RayRay Sun May 17, 2015 1:47 pm

is there a grease nipple on the bottom, or a hole where you can install a nipple? try greasing them up, should do the trick. Did you get them off ebay, if you did and there is no grease nipple/hole they are probably knockoff ball joints. I don't think I've see an aftermarket moog product that wasn't greasable.

RayRay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down