Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my car was running....

2 posters

Go down

my car was running.... Empty my car was running....

Post by bronzeriver Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:23 pm

i had my 7m x8 running,and i was at the diagnosis port with a paper clip, i bridged two terminals(AB-Tt) my paper clip got really hot, and it died. it cranks just fine, but it won't catch. i checked for power going to the ignition control module, it has power going to it, but im not sure if it's getting a signal from the ECU, i also checked all the fuses at the driver kick panel, and nothing is blown.i checked the fuses under the hood, and even swapped out the main fuse with one from my running mx73, it made no difference. im running out of ideas. any input is appreciated.

bronzeriver

Back to top Go down

my car was running.... Empty Re: my car was running....

Post by nunstohoes Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:57 pm

When I was an electrician, I was a shitty one but it sounds like you might have shorted out something between those two terminals when you connected them with a paper clip. If there is too much electricity in a given circuit, a fuse will blow to protect the wiring and/or component. When you connected the two terminals, you MIGHT HAVE bypassed any circuits with fuses and blown whatever those two terminals are connected to instead.

nunstohoes

Back to top Go down

Post by bronzeriver Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:26 am

it turned out to be a blown EFI fuse. but i have bigger problems now, like a 7m with a BHG, and a too badly warped cylinder head. it's not surprising, considering it has 300k on it, i need another motor haha!

bronzeriver

Back to top Go down

Post by nunstohoes Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:52 pm

bronzeriver wrote:it turned out to be a blown EFI fuse. but i have bigger problems now, like a 7m with a BHG, and a too badly warped cylinder head. it's not surprising, considering it has 300k on it, i need another motor haha!

Right on!

Got mine with about 150k on it and it's already shitting the bed. Got a 7mgte waiting for me to find an r154 to go with it.

nunstohoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down