I'm a new member in need of help

Go down

I'm a new member in need of help

Post by SfarzoP on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:32 pm

good day,

I got a Cressida 2.8i 5mge 5 weeks ago and my engine caught fire 3 days ago while idling in my driveway. we were able to put out the fire and just a few pipes burnt and one part that I don't know what's it called. if anyone knows what it is and what it does. our Toyota dealer couldn't help us since they say it's an old model and parts have been discontinued. please see yellow arrows on pictures below. thanks in advance for the help.


Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-08-17
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm a new member in need of help

Post by heff on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:34 pm

The part on the intake chamber looks like the EGR valve, The part on the firewall looks like what is called the C - VSV which controls vacum for the climate control system. Both are different from what the cars sold in the USA have.
I found a great site that has part diagrams and numbers for all the different versions of cars sold all over the world. I used it to find the part # for headlamp bulbs for Australian MX73s.


A great place to check if it's still available:


Posts : 71
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 54
Location : Las vegas, NV US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum