Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! My mechanic left me and stole the voltage regulator

2 posters

Go down

HELP! My mechanic left me and stole the voltage regulator Empty HELP! My mechanic left me and stole the voltage regulator

Post by masmpg Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:33 am

My mechanic fixed one of the major problems on my Cressy in about 5 minutes. All the idiot lights were on and he disconnected the voltage regulator and they all went off, then he went to a junk yard and found one and installed it and voila' all was well. Then he quit on me and took the regulator with him. I just ordered one but I have no idea where it goes. I look at the alternator and cannot find where to put the regulator. I looked all over you tube and google. Can anyone please send me a link that shows where the regulator connects to the alternator and how it is mounted.

I sold the car on e bay and the buyer is coming to get it Monday or so. I just replaced the radiator and the seals in the AC lines and just need to charge the ac, but I need to be able to install the voltage regulator. I cannot sell the car the way it is.
I would like to post a picture here but it seems that we can't upload and I tried to link to the e bay page.

masmpg

Back to top Go down

HELP! My mechanic left me and stole the voltage regulator Empty Re: HELP! My mechanic left me and stole the voltage regulator

Post by theghiaisred Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:09 pm

What generation? Most are internal to the Alternator.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down