Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balljoints

4 posters

Go down

Balljoints Empty Balljoints

Post by sietekk Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm

I need to buy new balljoints. Makes no sense running poly bushings and serialnine coilovers if the balljoints are 25 years old. Can any of you recommend the best brand balljoint preferrably from Rockauto.com? I'd rather not have to assemble them either. I want to just press the old ones out, press the new ones in, and install the control arm. It also needs to be able to handle ABUSE. Here's the current offering at RA:

AUTO EXTRA / CHASSIS RITE Part # AXK9085
{#RK9085}
Front Lower (Only 5 Remaining)
$14.29

TRW Part # 10025
Lower Ball Joint w/POWER STEERING,FRONT SUSP [Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 1 Remaining)
$14.35

MEVOTECH Part # MK9085
{#K9085}
Front Lower (Only 10 Remaining)
$14.45

MOOG Part # K9085
Problem Solver
Front Lower; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces
$17.43

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1014140
{#4330829015}
Front Lower (Only 3 Remaining)
$21.79

ACDELCO Part # 45D2092
{#88911590} Professional
JOINT,FRT LWR CONT ARM BALL -; LOWER
$24.89

RAYBESTOS Part # 5051092
Professional Grade
Front Lower
$27.79

Thanks for your advice guys!

sietekk

Back to top Go down

Balljoints Empty Re: Balljoints

Post by theghiaisred Mon May 20, 2013 3:32 pm

well anything is going to be better than what you have. Moog has been at the game forever, Beck/arnley are awesome in the foreign world and ac delco is an oem supplier for GM. After narrowing down that much I am a fan of Beck/Arnley and another company called altrom available through napa, just because of how comprable to oem there parts are many time the actually sorce oem manufacturers for there parts.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by sietekk Mon May 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanks for your reply, but I have one more question: do I have to put together each and everyone one of them by pressing it in, installing the rubber boot, and then injecting with grease? Do any of those options come press-in-complete? I've never done ball joints before, so I don't want to fuck shit up. The other option is buying the LCA with the balljoint already pressed in. That just seems like a stupid waste of extra money.

sietekk

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:02 pm

I've always just pressed them in, HF tools sells a actual ball joint press fairly cheap. If not just take you arm's to any repair shop and I am sure they will press them out and in fairly cheap, after all your doing the hard work taking them out.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by kamesama980 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:02 am

Of the choices, I'd go with moog. B/A is usually good. Delco

As far as having to assemble them, they'll all be the same. You don't have to "assemble" them but you do have to install them. None are going to come with the arm.

If you want the arm too, look at "control arms" in rock auto. $43 for moog both sides with the ball joint. If you're looking at Ball joints they don't come with the arm but the arm comes with the ball joint. Just gotta look under the right category.

Personally, it's worth the extra $15 not to have to mess with pressing it in. HOWEVER you already have urethane bushings you say and that's the only other wear item on it. so might not be for you.
kamesama980
kamesama980

Back to top Go down

Post by heff Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:17 pm

I just got the complete control arms from rock auto. They were cheap, came with bushings. i couldn't see the point in screwing around with putting new ball joints in for the price. You might as well replace the tie rod ends as well while you're at it. They don't cost much.
heff
heff

Back to top Go down

Post by sietekk Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 am

I eventually bought the ball joints off Rock Auto and tie rod ends off Amazon, which was cheaper (got a Prime account). I'll just press them in. They are already built and looks like they are sealed. The other ones like the Moog ball joint came in pieces and had to be put together. Not going to waste my time with that. Thanks for all your suggestions guys!

sietekk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum