Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BC/Megan Coilover question

5 posters

Go down

BC/Megan Coilover question Empty BC/Megan Coilover question

Post by Phleb Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Hey guys, got a question about the rear height adjustment on these coils. I have the BC's and I'll be installing them soon, but I was wondering which to adjust, the shock sleeve, the coil, or both? Is there any way of setting this up that I should definitely avoid? My plans are to run pretty low if that helps answer the question. Sorry if this is a bit noobish, I'm new to coilovers in general, let alone the way these are separate in the rear. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Very Happy

Phleb

Back to top Go down

BC/Megan Coilover question Empty Re: BC/Megan Coilover question

Post by Graffitipanda Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:58 pm

.... be a little more clear as the rears are 2pc so if your asking to adjust the shock AND the spring the answer is personal preference. the shock will be the amount of rebound (stiffness) and the coil will adjust height. its all personal preference. personally i like everything level at a high stiffness in my previous cars with the control arms parallel to the ground.
Graffitipanda
Graffitipanda

http://instagram.com/graffitipanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MR2_FTW Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:10 pm

You use the spring to adjust ride height. The shock body should also be length adjustable so you can set it long enough that you have travel in the suspension, but short enough that you aren't bottoming out the shock all the time.
MR2_FTW
MR2_FTW

http://www.FreeCandyCarClub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cupofresh Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 am

When I had my Cressy, I had the Megan Coilovers. Basically, I put a shit ton of preload in the back on the spring because I wanted a stiffer ride, also so I didn't rub my tires over every pebble. Like said before, its personal preference. If you want a softer ride adjust it so when the car is jacked up the wheel hangs down quite a bit from where it will sit when its on the ground, this gives you a lot of suspension travel. Mine on the other hand moved maybe half an inch when I jacked it up in the air. Just play around with different settings, just be willing to get back under there and adjust it until you are happy with it.

cupofresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Duax Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:24 pm

When ever I want a stiffer rear end (or front), I just use stiffer springs.
Not sure why people think that the springs that come on their coil-overs, chinese or not, are the ideal spring for their application.

Also, by dialing in a bunch of preload, the dampners are more likely to reach maximum outward travel.
There is no bump stops on max out travel, only max compression,
and it is easy to damage your dampeners that way.
Gordon Duax
Gordon Duax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down