Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

info on turboing a 7mge

+2
Tetsuo
mr_mx83
6 posters

Go down

info on turboing a 7mge Empty info on turboing a 7mge

Post by mr_mx83 Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:47 am

hey guys just after some info on what ide need to do if i go down this road ......love the 7m so dont want get rid of it
mr_mx83
mr_mx83

Back to top Go down

info on turboing a 7mge Empty Re: info on turboing a 7mge

Post by Tetsuo Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 am

Howdy,

Most of the info here would be relevent : 5MGTE page

I'm doing the same thing, but starting with an MX73.

Don't even consider this unless you've already had the head gasket in your MX83 done and correctly tightened.
7MGE BHG info
Tetsuo
Tetsuo

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxyShazam Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am

You really, really don't want to do this. You don't love 7m. You've been brainwashed.
If you need the displacement of the 7m then just make a 6m hybrid. If you absolutely must turbo your 7m then just start with the 7mgte. But don't say I didn't warn you.

BoxyShazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Tetsuo Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:36 pm

BoxyShazam wrote:You really, really don't want to do this. You don't love 7m. You've been brainwashed.
If you need the displacement of the 7m then just make a 6m hybrid. If you absolutely must turbo your 7m then just start with the 7mgte. But don't say I didn't warn you

Mate, please be aware of WHERE the people you are talking to live, the 6M was NEVER available in Australia and the 7MGTE is damn hard to find here, it sells for $700+ for a VERY tired example.
7MGE+T has been done locally with some success : Link to another forum ok ?
Tetsuo
Tetsuo

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxyShazam Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Did not mean a legit 6m. I meant slap a 5m head on a 7m block. 6m was never available here in the US either.

BoxyShazam

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:39 am

and man are 6m cores hard to come by, equally hard is the balacer to find.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by Juntao Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:09 pm

only real way is to run stand alone, 7mge flapper style just isn't worth messing with, just go megasquirt pnp etc. and I would beef up the bottom end, because 7mge has smaller/weaker rods,  at minimum arp rod bolts,  , ,  weakest point, same rod bolt size as 5mge I think,  ,  but with the stock rod bolts, they will fail,  maybe u can get 7mgte rods/ and put in arps for those, that's the weak point of the build,  you'll probly have to tap the oil pan for drainage, unless ge block has the drain port.
Juntao
Juntao
Admin

https://cressidaforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdeshon Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:56 am

just run an RRFPR setup and never go over 6PSI. this will be the easiest method and its about all the GE is going to hold anyways. if you want to run more than 5-6 PSI than you have bigger fish to fry than just fuel management....

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_mx83 Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:51 pm

so after 2 years worth of research this will be the road ill be going down the 7m will have a full rebuild ill be strengthening as much as i can as i go..i dont plan on running any more than 8 psi at the very most and will be using as much parts off a gte as i can to help the ecu will be upgraded to a full stand alone my transmission has just had 5 grand spent on it so first steps first all supporting mods that i can do to the car before i take it off the road will be done first
mr_mx83
mr_mx83

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:44 pm

I would waste my time and money building a 7MGE to turbo. If you are going to turbo it then do it, but the money is better spent just buying a JDM 7MGTE that are so readily available. In all fairness the 7MGTE is made to be turbo charged, low compression, oil squirters, bosses for the turbo oil system. And to be honest I have changed my tune since the last time I posted on this thread 2 years ago, You have an MX83, 1JZ that thing, it's bolt in on the 83 and instant power in stock form and really not all that much more expensive, youtube mighty car mods 1JZ. The 7MGE is just held back by so many flaws in the engineering for turbo charging.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_mx83 Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:28 am

in usa the 7mgte might be easy to get but not in aus and as for the 1j to find one here in half cut that hasnt been thrashed is like trying to find a 7m with out a blown head...this project is not meant for power but to learn as for the cash side it will be ilong term so money is not the problem...if it fucks up ill still have the old 7m stock to drop strait back in .......if i wanted power ide do a 2j or 1j but just after a project
mr_mx83
mr_mx83

Back to top Go down

Post by theghiaisred Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Good luck and god speed. It can definitely be done and most will bolt right on. I am just still left asking why if you spent 5 grand on a tranny and you're cool with putting stand alone which is not cheap, you want to use a 7M? But I am sure people thought the same when I turbocharged my 5M. The is nothing wrong doing something just to do it.
theghiaisred
theghiaisred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down