Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them.

2 posters

Go down

i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. Empty i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them.

Post by cmdeshon Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:24 am

Sup fellas. i have been making loads of progress on my 2j swap but i am coming up on the wiring fast.

i need the pin-out for some of the under-dash plugs on an 86 Cressida. specifically the plug that goes to the gauge cluster. i already have the ECU pinouts for the 5m and the 2j but i am wiring my car off of a guide for a CelicaSupra. i think they may have different under-dash plugs. i want to be sure before i get started....

i could also use the pin-out of where the plug comes out of the back of the cluster so that i can locate the wire for my Tachometer signal.

Thanks!

When i get some more progress il drop a 2jz-ge / w58 build thread in here.

-Craig.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. Empty Re: i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them.

Post by OkieRA29 Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:00 pm

Try this, it is for an 85 Supra, but should be close enough.

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?41954-2JZ-GE-PnP-wiring-guide

This may help as well.
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?21987-xJZ-Swap-FAQ

I am at work with no access to my shop manual. I will pull it out later tonight and see what I can get for you.

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. Empty Re: i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them.

Post by cmdeshon Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Leons guide on CS is what i am going by already. that guy does some awesome wiring guides (i used his guide to wire the 7MGTE that i put in my 83 supra)

What i am looking for is info on the parts that are different. i think the plugs are different under the dash. the engine bay side looks pretty easy. it looks like i just use the one round plug for both pwr sources, instead of a plug for each.

i ordered a TSRM on ebay last week so i should be in business here pretty soon.

Thank you! those links are good information.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieRA29 Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah, on the old TC.net I had the pinouts you were looking for. Let me check my photobucket account...

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieRA29 Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:55 pm

Here is the gauge pod side, don't know if it helps or is even what you need
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. KenScan1top
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. KenScan1bottom
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. KenScan3bottom
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. KenScan4bottom

HTH just a bit.

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieRA29 Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:56 pm

Looks like you are hunting for the wire that comes off of A-8 on the connector.  That should at least give you the color to look for at the ECU/B1 Body plug.

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdeshon Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:01 pm

its a hell of a lot more than i had. thank you.

i would like to also find the pin-out of the plug at the dash end, but for now that should keep me busy.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieRA29 Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 am

When you say the dash end plug, do you mean the B1 Body plug(big square yellow one) that attaches to the engine harness.  If that is the one, then I have that around here some where.  I will dig it up if you need it.
This is the plug I am referring to
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. 7Mplug2

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieRA29 Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:49 am

This might help as well...  Here is the way to wire in a 7MGTE stolen (well, not actually stolen, they were downloaded and saved years ago) from the old TC.net
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. ECU-1_zpsd15a71f2
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. ECU-2_zpscac9f781
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. EFI-1_zps996df158
i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. EFI-2_zpsded66677

Just right click and save, then print the images and join them together.  It should tell you where the wires you are looking for reside in the MX73 chassis. Couple that with the guide from CS.com and you should be able to figure it out. I have the manual with me at work today and will try to see if it lists the plugs you are looking for. Normally, those are found in the electrical manual, which, unfortunately, is separate from the TSRM.

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdeshon Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm

oh wow, thats pretty overwhelming! i am not great at wiring so this is a real learning process for me.

i am pretty sure that the "B1" that you showed in the picture is the one i needed info for. i think i need to substitute "B1" for the "24 pin connector" in leons guide. still a little fuzzy though.... but, i am getting there!

Do wires in the B1 connector eventually lead up to the back of the gauge cluster? i need to wire up my tach, coolant temp, speed sensor and warning light.

thanks again, this is helping me a lot.

-Craig.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieRA29 Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am

Okay, here is the cressida body B1 body plug, at least I think it is, pretty sure, since it was the only thing I was planning on dropping the 7MGTE into. Anyrate, It does lead to the dash eventually, the small black wire in the corner closest to the camera should be the Tach wire.

i need some X7 wiring pinouts. having trouble finding them. Photo_zpsf45b56c8

Next to that is a 16 gauge red wire and it should be the check engine light.

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieRA29 Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Some where around here, I have a B1 plug labeled with all the wires needed. I will look for it this weekend and post it when I find it.

OkieRA29

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdeshon Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:02 am

Awesome! thanks.

hopefully il be cruisin in a JZX-72 soon. she still needs a lot of work but i am really looking forward to it.

cmdeshon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down