Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding to the collection

4 posters

Go down

Adding to the collection Empty Adding to the collection

Post by Drift Limo Sat May 09, 2015 7:39 pm

I've had my 1986 mx73 now for about 13 years, i figured it was time to add in another Cressida.

Adding to the collection 20150513

Its a super clean 89 i just picked up.  everything works, bone stock with the exception of megan coilovers and some exhaust work. So far I love it.

Adding to the collection 20150514

Drift Limo

Back to top Go down

Adding to the collection Empty Re: Adding to the collection

Post by Dillyp0420 Mon May 11, 2015 6:42 pm

That's legit dude. I also have a mx73. Currently dealing with voltage drop/ starter solenoid issue and oil leak. What were some of the first few repairs you made (I'm talking only engine, I want to do suspension and cosmetics last)

Dillyp0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Push Fri May 15, 2015 10:05 am

love the bbs wheels Smile
How you been?
Push
Push

https://www.youtube.com/pushtoyota

Back to top Go down

Post by Drift Limo Fri May 15, 2015 7:24 pm

What were some of the first few repairs you made (I'm talking only engine, I want to do suspension and cosmetics last)

Anything...everything. I cannot stress basic maintenance enough. It is more important than any mod you'll do to the car. replace everything you can, even if it's expensive or a pain to do. Filters, gaskets, bearings, bushings, seals, all of it. One of the best things I did to my MX73 was to replace the steering rack. The car drove noticeably better afterwards and my old rack wasn't even that worn out. Get the car to be as "new" as you can, it makes a better stating point for mods and it makes for a more reliable, efficient car.

love the bbs wheels Smile
How you been?

I been good man, busy, but good. Ive got a ton of exciting stuff for the MX73 to put on, so I will have cool stuff to share soon. And unfortunately I hate those wheels. They are the only complaint that I have about it. They are knockoffs called STR wheels, and they don't fit the car at all. 17x10 +20 wheels apparently fit a stock fendered MX83 like crap. They rub all the time, on everything. Super annoying thing for an otherwise perfect car.

Drift Limo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagman212000 Wed May 27, 2015 8:25 am

Is that a stock 89 grille? I like it better than my 92 grille. I'm new (dumb) to Cressida's so bear with me on all the ?s Very Nice Cressy by the way! What a Face

Last edited by Jagman212000 on Wed May 27, 2015 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : One more thing!)

Jagman212000

Back to top Go down

Post by Drift Limo Wed May 27, 2015 6:56 pm

As far as I know, it is the stock grille. I'm new to X83s myself so I'm still learning about them, but I want to say I read that early X83s had this grille with the Cressida emblem, while later X83s had the Toyota emblem. And thanks, I appreciate the compliments!

Drift Limo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum