Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noob bought the cressi!

3 posters

Go down

noob bought the cressi! Empty noob bought the cressi!

Post by Dillyp0420 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:00 pm

last night i picked up a 1986 cressida that i mentioned in an earlier post. the guy was asking 1800, i drove home for 1100. the car is solid but it needs a little tlc.

for instance, the wipers dont work (when you pull the spray lever, the blades make an audible attempt to work but jus dont) it started pouring on the way home and it was a 3 hour drive :/

the rear driver side window wont roll up but it does roll down.

front spoiler has been bent under the car (looks like the previous owner hit a curb) however, the turning signals attached to the spoiler are still functional.

the shifter wobbles from left to right and is loose af. (dont care too much, i plan on swapping a w58 later on)

car rides on a full size spare, the stock rim is bent to shit. (considering a refurb'd rim but i may as well just get new rims and tires.)

emergency brake light is on

accessory belt squeals.

rear brakes have a awful crunching/grinding sound

the gas pedal sticks. you have to press down very firm at first to get any rpms. once you do that it accelerates fine.

the odometer reads about 155k mi but i dont know if its accurate. i drove the car home 3 or 4 hours in the rain on the highway (didnt go over 80 mph) and it was fine.

any advice on where i should begin would be greatly appreciated. i will do my best to post some decent pics.

Dillyp0420

Back to top Go down

noob bought the cressi! Empty Re: noob bought the cressi!

Post by Dillyp0420 Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:49 am

So today I cleaned the interior real well. Car started fine this morning. This evening, I tried to start it and it wouldn't even crank. Key turns and there is a little single click. I'm guessing it's an electrical problem. I need any advice I can get, and I've never fixed this kind of thing before.

Dillyp0420

Back to top Go down

Post by jonesyGT2 Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 am

Flat battery, check alternator is charging.

jonesyGT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Push Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Let's see some pictures!
Push
Push

https://www.youtube.com/pushtoyota

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillyp0420 Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:01 pm

This site won't host my pics so here is a link to my pics from another forum.  http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/57-cressida-forum/#/forumsite/20543/topics/275923?page=26

Since the pics I've removed the front bumper. The turn signals were bent back under the car so I pulled them into place.

Dillyp0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down