Cressida Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowering my 85

3 posters

Go down

Lowering my 85 Empty Lowering my 85

Post by topetopetopet Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:46 am

hello from las vegas

my name is topet and i got some questions on lowering my 1985 cressida
my friend said that lowering the front will take some welding and i need to cut my strut
because a full coilover (which im planning to get) are not a bolt ons
is it true that i need to cut my strut in order to lower the front? or is there an alternative.
i researched online and the coilovers i want to get are the megans

thank you in advance

topet

topetopetopet

Back to top Go down

Lowering my 85 Empty Re: Lowering my 85

Post by lam454 Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:17 am

Hey man,

Yes, it is true that you will need to cut your strut tubes (about 15mm to be exact). It sounds painful but its actually really simple. Once you remove the strut you can cut the tube, then after sanding and cleaning it you can just slide over the new set up. As long as you have a decent place weld it for you, you should be set. I had a meineke weld it for me and it cost 60 bucks (in order for them to get proper heat you must remove the strut insert, very important). I am running BC's and they are very similar to megans, so for the price thats your best bet for coils. As far as I know weld-ons are our only option for these cars, as for the older corolla I had. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Good Luck
lam454
lam454

Back to top Go down

Post by heff Sun May 04, 2014 10:59 pm

There are these coil overs available with spindles attached, ready to bolt on. https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/mx73/front-coilover-conversion-mx73-cressida
Cost more than Megans or BCs put probably better and not that much more when you consider the down time and costs to get the welding done. If you can get spindles welded for $60 that's a great deal. I payed quite a bit more but it was done at a shop and they had problems getting the spindles into the coil overs. The welding was top notch though. Is anybody running the techno toys?
heff
heff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down